SmithBits TalkRadio

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Kamala Harris U.S. Senator, California


Dear Kenneth Howard Smith and SDC RADIOWORKS --
When I launched my campaign for Senate back in 2015, I promised to be “a fighter for the next generation on the critical issues facing our country.” Little did I know that three years later I’d be marching alongside the next generation, witnessing such a powerful demonstration of activism and inclusivity.

It reminded me of my parents marching and shouting during the Civil Rights Movement while my sister and I were in our strollers. It reminded me of my time in college when I’d go down to the National Mall to protest apartheid in South Africa.

Young people have always been our future -- pushing us in the right direction. Decades ago, it was John Lewis and Diane Nash organizing and marching for civil rights. Today, it’s the Dreamers, students from Stoneman Douglas High School, and so many others teaching us a lesson in courage and determination.

I intend to stand with them every step of the way. That includes fighting to elect more leaders this November who will do the same. I know the Republicans and the gun lobby will spend endless amounts of dark money to stop us, but I also know they won’t stand a chance if you’re with us.

Make a contribution before our first, official FEC fundraising deadline to ensure I have the resources to help Democrats take back Congress and stand with our youth:
You're one of my most committed supporters. If you've saved your information with ActBlue Express, your contribution will be processed immediately: 
contribute $10 »
contribute $25 »
contribute $50 »
contribute $100 »
contribute $250 »
I was proud to join the March for Our Lives in Los Angeles this weekend, where I saw the contagious optimism of these kids with my own eyes. I genuinely believe they’re going to be the generation that ends the gun violence epidemic -- and will solve many issues our government has failed to address.

Thanks for everything you do,
Kamala Harris
U.S. Senator, California
"Freedom is never really won. You earn it and win it in every generation."
– Coretta Scott King

No comments:

Post a Comment